Monday, July 09, 2007

Hack time again !

For almost 6 months now, I have done almost no hacking at home - except for work that is.
The reasons were two fold I guess, I had some really cool stuff to do for our server and also there was nothing super hot that I could do at home - the particle engine VM just kind of stuck in my head and I did want to do it, but also could not think of anything else to do :-)

Now thanks to Vipin, all that is changed ! Got a bunch of Symbian S60 stuff for N95 downloaded, and need to get to some serious reading and hacking ... this is going to be fun !

I always used to crib to friends about how nowadays we do not "need to" pay as much attention to resources as we used to while at school (well, at work I am still paranoid about performance & scalability, though we write the server in java : different discussion why we do it though).
This has led to some seriously sloppy applications since there seems to be so much spare resource lying around ready to be wasted.
A common example which I mention was solving a Sudoko puzzle, version considering heurestics for time complexity, etc which Alok and I discussed a while back - 0.01 s or so, brute force - 0.1 s, one order of magnitude slower, but does anyone care ? :-(

Writing stuff for the mobile should be like coding back in school & college days ! Ok, might not be writing in assembly, but it will hopefully get pretty interesting :-D

1 Comments:

Blogger V said...

IMHO railroads is the main reason for lack of hacking.

7/10/2007 01:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home