Friday, June 08, 2007

Depressing stuff

Just finished watching Ran, amazing visuals and really depressing movie.
I dont remember King Lear, but this is an adaption of the shakespearean play by Akira Kurosawa ...
Amazing portrayal, the movie is too good.



And for some fun, check this out.
And when you are done, check this and this out too. Each should get a smile to your face ... for different reasons :-)
If you want something more funny stuff, though disturbing (to some apparently) it seems, check this out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unawoken said...

I have watched Ran, and for some reason didn't like it very much. It is definitely depressing, but the characters seem to strive extra hard to not connect to one another. Strange. Perhaps not in the cultural context. In any case, super dry. Not really my kind of movie..

6/09/2007 03:00:00 AM  
Blogger Mridul said...

@vinay

Dont get me wrong, I totally loved the movie ! The story and potrayal was depressing, but still it was too good and enjoyable in its own way.
From all the movies I have seen of Akira Kurosawa, this is one of the best imo.

6/09/2007 11:08:00 PM  
Blogger Unawoken said...

Hey, no I did get that you liked it. And I see the single-minded focus on the graveness that it maintains throughout. And I do like a lot of depressing movies myself. What I didn't like about this movie is that the characters do not connect to one another at all. Very macho and offhand. That is not a bad thing, just makes it hard to get into it for me.

6/10/2007 04:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home