Wednesday, December 27, 2006

"Lone Wolf and Cub"

I mentioned about Shogun Assasin a while back.
Noufal "mentioned" (I use the word lightly here - he sort of drilled it into my head until I screamed for mercy and accepted his infinite wisdom :-D) that this was an adaptation of the old manga called 'Lone Wold and Cub'.

Shogun Assasin is a slight adaptation (the visuals remain same, story slight modified) of the first two movies in a six part epic by the name 'Lone wolf and cub'.
Since watching Shogun Assasin, I have wanted to pick up the original movies : and when I got back to office today - there it was, dvd collectors collectors edition box :-) thanks to amazon !

Just finished the first two parts - and man, I am pumped ! Good thing I dont have a samurai sword, or this monitor would be split in two :-P The movie is absolutely brilliant - and fills in a lot of blanks which I noticed in the earlier movie. Too late now, cant wait for tomorrow evening to watch the rest of the 4 dvd's !!

Once I am done with these, will need to get all the manga versions of this epic :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read the manga. Easily one of the best I've seen (and I've been reading comics for more than half of my life). I saw one of two of the movies but they're really shoddy compared to the fury of the comics. Crossword has run out of stock. I do hope they don't convert it into a game. That'd kill it completely.

12/27/2006 11:32:00 AM  
Blogger Mridul said...

The movies are mind blowing !
Went to crossword - they dont have it anymore :(
Now to get hold of 'all' of them :-D

1/03/2007 05:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home