Thursday, August 10, 2006

Pics ...

* Update *

Thanks for the suggestions - created a flickr account and uploaded select few of the pics (20 MB limit ?! wtf !!).
Looks like I can retrieve back only scaled down versions of my image :-(
If I go pro (IF) , will I be able to save and retrieve images of arbitrary sizes ?

The uploader is simple and intutive.
The web interfaces needs some getting used to - but once familiar , it looks reasonably ok.
Ofcourse , integration with yahoo is pathetic ... they seriously need to work on that !
My profile here - the really interesting pictures , I had to take them off because of objections from certain someone :-P

----


I have never owned a camera ... partly cos I am lousy at using them.
Side effect of that is that , I dont have any pics :-)
No pics of my friends , my college , school , nothing about any of the trips I have been to , the people and places I have met/seen , etc , etc.
... until a friday 4 weeks back , when I got one.
Since I knew so little about these things - and research on internet will not help much (for me) , I just dragged vipin along : he did the talking , I did the paying and now I have a cool camera for use !
Now comes the dilemma ... what do I do with the pictures I have taken ?!
Storing them in my system is not very reliable - considering the number of reinstall's and the like I go through. I am notorious for "loosing" CD's - range from them literally getting lost to 'damaging' them ;-)
I am thinking of hosting them online some place ... whether they will be public could be a different discussion : so , if anyone has suggestions of where I can put these up , please let me know.

6 Comments:

Blogger aaditya sood said...

I'd say flickr.com. It's the best online photo management app I've see so far (and this was before I joined Y! ;) )

Depending on your usage, you could get a pro account later on.

8/10/2006 02:30:00 PM  
Blogger Moonjungle said...

OR

You could appoint me as your official archiver & keeper of photos.

8/11/2006 09:07:00 AM  
Blogger Srini said...

Flickr is by far the best
Yahoo photos is your other option

8/11/2006 09:54:00 AM  
Blogger yetanother.softwarejunk said...

Thanks for your visit Mridul!!

8/15/2006 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger Mridul said...

@ sood , srini
Yep , created flickr account ... now to get someone to make it pro for me ;-)

@ guru
Hmm , I will take you up on that offer some day :-D

@yasj

You are welcome ! Came there through manish's blog ....

8/15/2006 11:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can try zorpia.com
-Amit

8/23/2006 08:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home