Saturday, June 03, 2006

Now my turn !

Got mail from my CEO congratulating me on completing 5 years (technically - need a couple of months more) , with link to a partner site from where I can select a gift to commemorate this achievement.
As promised , went ahead and selected the telescope :-)
According to folks at office , it will take me more than a couple of months to get it 'cos of customs delay ...

Parents and friends had some really nice things to say when I fwd'ed them the mail (to the few who were online to whom I did send it) ... and to top it all , I had an awesome dinner treat tonight :-D (Thanks guys ! Appreciate it)
All in all , can go and sleep peacefully and contented ... tommorrow , I should hopefully fix MUC issues in hosted domain setup in our server :-P

I can think of only three things that have changed on me at the end of these 5 years :
1) I have made some really awesome friends since joining Sun : both on and off work.
2) Learned shit loads ... Work has been absolutely great , worked with brilliant people and had a blast of a time !
3) I can debug quite well and understand/modify existing codebase pretty fast.

If things continue in this vein , I would not mind continuing for another 15 years here :-)

7 Comments:

Blogger aaditya sood said...

Congrats d00d :)

6/03/2006 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger Moonjungle said...

kangaroorelations

6/03/2006 07:08:00 PM  
Blogger Mridul said...

Thank you , thank you :-D

6/05/2006 04:00:00 AM  
Blogger V said...

congrats!

6/05/2006 09:50:00 AM  
Blogger cRaY3 said...

another 15 yrs!!!...Hmmm!!...to take over Jonathan Schwartz? ..

6/05/2006 11:19:00 AM  
Blogger VKM said...

Hey Susk!!
Congrats dude...
Nice to hear that you have spent 5 years in the same place and still njoying it!!!!
-VKM

6/05/2006 05:42:00 PM  
Blogger Mridul said...

@cray3
There are people who have already completed 20 years in Sun :-)
My CEO has been in the company for "just" 10 years or so ! There are boatloads of people who have been here longer.

No , most probably I will not join their ranks ...
The 20 years mention was in reference to a dream I had once :-)

@V , VKM
Thanks people :-)

6/05/2006 08:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home