Monday, August 22, 2005

1 house , 2 days off , 3 friends

Realised at around 3 at night on wednesday that the next day (theoretically , already the next day!) I was supposed to go to the new house parents have bought in Bombay for the initial "puja" and the "housewarming" ceremony.
The actual day when the ceremony was to happen was always "some friday a couple of weeks later" to me ... so I realised with a shock that I had to complete some chores - including sending a mail to manager for the leave of absence, picking up aunty from station , inviting friends (missed this one :-( ) , etc ,etc.
Two days of hectic work (less mental and more physical - something I am very very unused to !) later I am back at the old place.
Everything went beautifully. The house is really cool - parents have done a great job of finding a really cool house and modelling the interiors.
The house is a spacious 3 bedroom apartment that has this awesome view with this light soothing breeze flowing in all the time.
The neighbours seemed friendly enough and other than the access road being worse than a paddy field (rains, flyover construction - the excuse list is long and checkered) , the location is really nice.
No , we have not yet moved in ... should be done shifting next weekend.

Since I had not realised about the actual day of the "puja" , I had promised - more like mentioned , to Neeraj and Fouzan that I will try to meet them this weekend ... and come Sunday morning , NY wakes me up at the ungodly hour of 9am (if you sleep at 5am , 9 _is_ ungodly - add to it the physical exhaustion I was feeling !).
Managed to survive a bombay metro rail ride to Fali's place and we spent a very very lazy afternoon/evening there.
Neeraj (with assistance from Vijaya) made a really sumptuous chicken curry - absolutely lip smacking stuff ! (He should consider change of careers :-D )
That with curd and rice made our lunch complete ... I overate like a pig :-)
Lazy conversation sprinkled with attempts to watch a movie , some sitcoms and dilbert cartoons later , we all found ourselves dozing away peacefully.
More discussions , banter , gossip and swapping news later it was time to push back home ... another nightmarish ride back via train and I am safe and sound in front of my comp - where I belong :)

When ... Neeraj calls me "Eda , I have been trying for 4 hours and I still cant kill the Gaurdian of Soulcube in Doom3".
ROFL - perfect ending to a blissful weekend :)
Should have toyed with him before letting him in on the arcane skills of doom gameplay ;-) ... but I took mercy on him and /me being grateful to him for giving me lifts all around town - I put him out of his misery.
He has a long way to go ... but atleast he is on the right track (sounds corny , doesnt it ? :-P)

Ok , this became a "What I did this weekend" post - not what was my original intention ...
I wanted to talk about some of the problems that fali asked me (java and OO related) and some general thoughts on application deployment design considerations (built upon what Vijaya is facing , what I am facing at work now and some other articles I read).
Just lost focus ... feeling a bit tired right now - maybe someother time I will talk about these.

And before I forget, big congratulations to Anthony Cozzi , the author of zappa.
Zappa won the WCCC'05 (world computer chess championship) with an awesome score of 10.5/11 !

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Time to get married and settle in Mumbai man!! New home, New 'bahu', New car...

8/22/2005 03:37:00 PM  
Blogger Mridul said...

Hey ! not fair :)
Parents got the house - not me .... maybe in the distant future when I do buy my own house (IF I ever earn enough for that !) , I will give a thought to your words :-D

8/22/2005 05:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) doom under the belt. the final killing took all of one minute. WTF!!!

Ak - eda the shy guy mridul is i even helped to broach the topic with his mom and he threatened murder!! some friends!!

8/25/2005 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger Mridul said...

It is worse in ROE - the final killing will take a few mins (once you figure out how that is - should be very simple though) ... and yet some of the intermediate stages are real killer !

8/26/2005 02:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home